Saturday, October 15, 2005

Here comes Miguel....

October 13, 2005 was my scheduled weekly checkup with Dr. Gayer. I had a very high BP recorded (130/90) and Dr Gayer told me to get to my GP the following day and get a another BP measurement. I was tensed that evening because of what I found out but was not worried as I felt assured that the baby in my tummy was doing OK.

It could be because I was tired from the events of the previous week with the trip to Newcastle for the Avaya Kick-off Meeting. I may not just have gotten enough rest....

October 14, 2005 was a Friday and I decided on working from home and slotted a time in the morning to get my BP checked again. Work was great and Dave said not to worry and just look after myself. Even Simon, a client, emailed me to stop thinking of work and look after myself. Nakakataba ng puso.... Well, I did get my BP checked and it was still 130/90. I called Dr Gayer and was advised by the secretary and more than likely I will be asked to get myself into hospital. To this I was not so happy about - 1. My maternity leave was not meant to start until the 24th of October and 2. I felt that the house is still now ready for the baby....

So, Rommel had to drive me into the hospital and I checked in as per Doctor's orders. I felt so bad as I still had Caleb's christening on the Sunday that I was looking forward to going to. Anyway, the equipments where tied to me so to speak and baby and I were both being monitored from about 4PM 'til 7PM. I think Rommel was with me the whole time and had to leave late that night. I wished to God that baby would come out as I was not going to be stuck in the hospital for the weekend alone.

As if hearing me and obeying his mom's wishes, at about 12:50am Saturday, I felt some cramping and the urge to go to the loo. So, I went and when I looked I thought man, I must have pee'd myself. I was went and when I looked again I thought I saw blood (this was "the show") - I was starting the labour process. After about 4 hours of labour and an hour of pushing --- at 4:54am on the 15-October-2005, my little boy, Miguel Anthony, was born.


Praise God for a normal and healthy boy with lungs that can sing like the 4 Tenors. :)

No comments: